Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Florida Pelicans




Watching these guys dive has been fun. They don't appear to be too accurate however, as rarely do we see them come up with their prey! When they do, it's great fun to watch them swallow. The fish almost swim all the way down! Years ago Tony and Jill were visiting in Monroe and gave us The Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds. I used it a lot in Monroe and we brought it with us on the trip. We're both glad to have it aboard. There are some weird looking birds out here! It's fun to find and identify some of the newcomers!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hi,

I have to THANK you Jean for keeping us updated on your adventures with you words and photos. I feel like I am there with you at times! Love the little tree btw. Keep us posted. I bet that night heron was great to see.

Love ,

Jamie