Friday, June 8, 2007

Laundry Run!


We wound up spending an extra day at Waterford because there were so many Loopers there and we were having so much fun, we decided to stay over. One of the Loopers found a great laundry in town (about 4 blocks away from the lock wall) and we decided to take advantage of it while we had the opportunity.
I wish I could have gotten pictures of one of the moves we made to utilize the pump out and the fresh water supply. For some reason, this weekend, the town had a lot of school children touring the area. Two large barges took up prime real estate to onload and offload the school groups. So noone could get to the pumpout and water. When they left the dock, they were gone about a half hour and all boats would shuffle to get to the area to take on these services. Ahead of the dock area, a spot opened up that had full service. This was out second night. Some of the loopers came to get us -- asked how long we were -- and said no problem. Ron slowly went down to get a visual, still not at all sure he would agree with the safety factor of the move. But he said it was a go. Could I tell you, my heart was really in my mouth. He managed to put 39 feet in a 40 foot spot. Think I'm kidding? The anchor from the boat behind us required a walking fender to fend it off in our stern. But two guys had the lines, Ron had the helm and I had the walking fender -- and in she went. Somehow I can't imagine parallel parking a Nordic! Loopers really are crazy people. We're going to fit right in!!!

No comments: