Friday, June 8, 2007

Seven Locks???????


Today was my day at the helm. I wasn't even aware of the picture as we were coming up to one of the seven locks we went through today. Concrete walls, fiberglass hull! On the first lock, I got taken by surprise by some turbulance. I paniced and told Ron to take it, but he kept reminding me I was doing o.k. and the bow thruster would be a good idea right now. It was a stretch for me and this afternoon we are tied up by Lock 7, done for the day and I'm feeling quite content! Seven locks, and no dings! Hay, maybe I can do this! The radios (if you notice the black wire connected to my ear and running down the front to a transmitter, was worth every single penny. So long as Ron is talking me through it, I feel confident ... more or less! Gulp!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

WAY TO GO CAPTAIN JEAN!! You have a good night ..you and Ron and Gilligan!

Love and Hugs,

Unknown said...

You go, girl! Good work. I love the blog. Frances